The Importance of Oil Change in Las Vegas

oil change in Las Vegas

It’s important to have the oil in your car changed on a regular basis. It keeps the engine clean and lubricated, meaning it runs more efficiently. This kind of thing is vital in an environment like Las Vegas, where cars are really put through their paces by the heat and arid air.

How often you need to change the oil depends heavily on how you drive and where, but a good rule of thumb is to have it changed every 5,000 miles or so. Las Vegas definitely puts a lot of stress on your car so the recommended mileage between changes comes down to 3,000 miles or 3 months, whichever happens sooner.

When you get your oil changed you should consider using a premium or synthetic oil. Going with a quality oil like this means it lasts longer so you don’t have to get it changed as much. Remember that you get what you pay for. Try and find value more than anything; a quality product at a good price. Shop around and see what the best deal for you is. There are some oils that, even in the conditions of Las Vegas, can last a good 6000 miles before it needs to be changed.

There are some auto repairs in Las Vegas that combine an oil change with general maintenance. It’s possible that a problem with your car could mean the oil needs to be changed more frequently. Make sure you check the fluids in your car on a regular basis to make sure that it’s running smoothly. If you notice a problem in the fluid levels, especially with the oil, then don’t hesitate to take it in and get it looked at. Or just take the car in to have the fluids checked if you aren’t sure what bad fluid levels look like.

Las Vegas is filled with quality garages you can take your car. If you have trouble with one garage then just move on to another. Shop around to find a good deal and get a quote that matches your budget and needs. Don’t let yourself be talked into a premium service if you don’t want one. Regular oil can do the job just fine if it’s all you want to buy.

Try and find an established and friendly garage to have an oil change in Las Vegas. The more professional the garage the more professional the people working in it will be. You’ll be less likely to get a poor quality service. Consider doing a little reading ahead of time to find the best garages near you.

Getting your oil changed doesn’t need to be a hassle no matter where you are. The first step is finding the right garage. Listen to the mechanics and the advice they have to offer. Get your oil checked and changed at least once every three months if you don’t do a lot of driving, and every 5000 miles if you do. Oil keeps your car running properly so don’t this small but significant aspect of car maintenance.

10 comments

June 17, 2016 at 6:57 pm

I just got a used car and found out that I need to get its oil changed. Thanks for the advice bout how you should consider getting a premium or synthetic oil so that it will last longer. I’ll have to make sure to shop around and get the best oil for my car.

Mahmoud Gars said:

June 27, 2016 at 10:14 pm

I remember how expensive it was the when i first had my engine cleaned after it got clogged because i did not really undestand the purpose of changing oil. i mostly use synthetic oil when changing now, saves a lot of stress in a long run and also saves gas mileage

Chris Langford said:

June 27, 2016 at 10:15 pm

Well i have been driving in Las vegas with my toyota tahoma since 2014 and if you stay in las vegas you should know that what we consider a regular drive is really a Severe driving though we might not notice it because we have gotten used to it but our car does a good work of noticing the obvious. i have had my filters changed a couple of time tried different oil. if you are driving in las vegas then changing oil in some months is bound to be a necessary task.

Brooklyn Tristan said:

June 27, 2016 at 10:23 pm

A good advice, i usually find my self speechless at the trivia question of how often to change oil. This article has definately shed some light on that

Austin Isaac said:

June 27, 2016 at 10:26 pm

Yes i agree when it comes to quality oil, what you get is what you pay for does apply. Since my work puts me more on the road than on a desk i often go for quality oil like the synthetic oil and changing oil is convenient in Las Vegas as there are a lot of professional garages to make a pick from.

Charlie Batch said:

June 27, 2016 at 10:30 pm

Yes i agree when it comes to quality oil, what you get is what you pay for does apply. Since my work puts me more on the road than on a desk i often go for quality oil like the synthetic oil and changing oil is convenient in Las Vegas as there are a lot of professional garages on the streets of vegas

Mia Sanders said:

June 27, 2016 at 10:34 pm

Woke up today and got into my ride and started that bad boy and boom! The screen reads “needs oil change”.It just reminded me that we tend to forget the little things that need attention

Daniel said:

October 15, 2016 at 1:30 pm

I’m happy to have found this site because it shares very helpful information about car repair services and proper car maintenance in Vegas. The moment I have bumped to the first blog post I saw in this site, I can’t help myself from opening other posts because I learn new things each time I do so. I agree that it is imperative to have our oil regularly check especially if we are passing by along Vegas’ roads.

Matt Fredrick said:

November 13, 2016 at 1:43 am

A lot of people thing that because it doesn’t snow, cars do better. Between the heat and the dry air, plus the amount of driving… It is actually worse in some cases as your car does not get a break. Oil changes are one of the most important things a car owner anywhere can do to keep their vehicle running right. And I am glad you said regular oil is okay. A lot of places say otherwise just to get you to spend more on slightly “better” oil which more often than not, is the same thing.

Rachael Jens said:

June 14, 2017 at 10:34 am

I travel a lot, and usually on long journeys. However, anytime I touch Las Vegas, I will definitely have my oil changed and also get some general maintenance check. That’s probably because I know the importance of getting my oil changed as often as possible.

Write a Comment